Sydney made history by being the first city in Australia to host Startup Weekend Education and bringing the global Startup Education movement to it’s 6th continent.
And what a night it was …
Over 100 attendees rocked up to the event. the excitement in the room was palpable.
25 brave ones pitched their ideas.
After a couple of rounds of voting and educator validation 9 teams formed last night ..
In no particular order, here they are:
- NAO ACADEMY – Platform bringing students & businesses together to learn, develop & network
- SMART MONEY – Financial education for kids
- OLGA INC – Role play based tutoring for English as a second language
- EDUMAL – Education for animals. No animal left behind 😉
- MIRACLE TRAIN – Mass customization for MOOCs
- GENERATION ENTREPRENEUR – Entrpreneurship education for the next generation
- OBESITY AWARENESS – obesity awareness and education for school kids to fight the epidemic
- NAVI – Empowering not-for-profits internally with skills improvement
- FORKED EDUCATION – forkable course content
Will have more updates throughout the day.
Good luck teams and remember NO TALK … JUST ACTION